At the MIF Cancer Center Library, patients will have access to the most up-to-date information on cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment, nutrition, clinical research studies, support and complementary therapies. Our library coordinator will be available to help patients navigate through the resources and make sure they find the information they are looking for. We believe that well-informed individuals can become active partners in their healthcare. Resources Include:
- Access to cancer-specific web sites: These recommended websites provide disease – specific information about cancer and cancer support.
- Children’s books: Our library contains a variety of books that are helpful and uplifting for children who’s loved one was diagnosed with this terrible disease. Come visit our library and help your young one understand and deal with the hardships of cancer.
- Professional and scientific journals: The Cancer Center is always up to date with the latest in science and medicine. Our members can read up on the latest in research, news and experimental results at their own leisure in our beautiful library.
- Consumer health books & magazines: These books remain a key resource for all libraries that provide health information to their clients. Our Library and research room is always up to date with books, magazines and reference materials.
- Medical Reference books, brochures and DVD’s: Good medical books are vital to one diagnosed with cancer. Our library is just the place to sit and read about your diagnosis.
New York Cancer Center, a subsidiary of Morris I. Franco Community Cancer Center